Welcome to my blogland friends

Sunday 18 July 2010

DDTIO - Shabby Chic


Over on Frankie's blog Dragon's Dream the TIO challenge is shabby chic, well I'm not so sure of the chic bit but this does look a bit shabby so hopefully it will be ok.
I started with cream card which I lightly coloured with a copic marker in waterlily, I then stamped a crackle background with tattered rose distress ink, it doesn't show in the picture but it's there. I used pumice stone distress ink around the edges and to stamp the two theatre masks, the rest of the stamping is done in another distress ink, rusty nail this time. The lace is coloured with the tattered rose ink and then I remembered I had some pink and brown ribbon so added a bit of that, the flower I made from 160gsm paper coloured with yet more distress ink. I have had the flat back pearls for ages so just thought I should use them too and finally there is just a bit of dazzle dust on the petals of the flower.

5 comments:

  1. This is just perfect! Love your muted colour scheme and the flower and lace are gorgeous.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exquisite, Jenny. The colours are so gentle. Love the stamps, lace and pearls and that gorgeous flower - I love everything about it
    I wouldn't be able to part with it :-)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag Jenny, love you subtle colours and your flower and lace are just perfect.

    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like that Jenny. Colours are fab and that flower is amazing. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab dream...SO shabby chic!! it is lovely and muted, as if it is all faded and worn...well that works for me, honey... lovely to see you there on TIO!!
    Huge hugs
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Pooka

Pooka
My favourite picture of Pooka

Blog Archive