Saturday, 30 January 2010
I've been given an award from Claire who has a lovely blog and some fabulous creations so do go and visit her, now there are few rules so here goes:
1. Copy and Paste the award on my blog.
2. List who gave the award and link back to them.
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass the award on to other bloggers and visit them to let them know.
O.K. first two rules are easy but I'm not 100% about the 10 things yet, will have to thimk about it so I'll come back and fill in later, I'll also have to think about who to give the award to so again I'll come back to it.
Thanks for the award Claire.
I have decided who I want to send my award on to and I have chosen two people, one is Doreen who hasn't been crafting for too long and the other is Sue
I will be back with my list of top ten things soon.
OK I now have my top ten list, first lot were easy just the last few needed thinking about.
1. David, we have been married for 16+ years and are still very happy.
2. My dogs, although sometimes even I would argue about this choice.
3. Family, don't spend a lot of time together as we are quite spread out but we are all there if needed.
5. Friends, both close and cyber as all have a place in my life.
6. Work - grateful I still have a job!
7. Holidays - nothing better than being away from everything either in the UK or abroad.
8. Crafting as this keeps me sane
9. My friends daughter a little ray of sunshine.
10. A glass of ice cold wine on a Saturday night while I relax in front of the tv.
Firstly sorry this is not straight, it looked it when I saved it! This is made with the beautiful image Wings of Hope which is on sale here to help the victims of Haiti, it is made for a young lady's 60th birthday and I do hope she likes it.
I have used Pro Markers to colour the image, the horse is done in blossom and the stand and accessories are done in pastel green with just a hint of gold so I am entering this into the Passion for Promarkers this week as these are the required colours. The word celebrate was cut on my Cricut and the 60 was done with the cuttlebug, I have finished it off with a string of pearls around the aperture and the flowers have a little bit of pink ribbon wrapped around.
This is my card for the fourth Bah! Humbug! challenge, the baubles are printed onto acetate and layered onto gold holographic card, these are then stuck onto a piece of card covered with some glittered material I bought a few years ago at the NEC, I used a small piece when I bought it and then put it away but I think it suits this card.
I have used a pale gold pearl card as the base and coloured a gold peel off to make it match the material, finally I have used a hole punch along the bottom of the card and threaded ribbon through finishing it with a bow. I love the look of the acetate baubles so will be using this idea again but probably not with peel off's cause I don't really like them.
Friday, 29 January 2010
This is my final card for Crafty Ann's guest designer spot, this time it was something metal or metallic on your card. Well I decided as this is for my niece that I would use the metal hands to hold the card in place, I have used a backing paper from a set by Crafty Ann and the pocket comes from another of her designs. Sorry I'm a bit late posting but the days are running away with me.
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (68)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (130)
- ▼ 01/24 - 01/31 (5)
- ► 2009 (59)
- ► 2008 (39)