Thursday, 22 July 2010
OK, I did a card yesterday for the Sweet Pea Stampers challenge and I mentioned I wasn't going to use pink but somehow that's how it turned out. Today I decided to do another one and this time used blue as the predominant colour. I put some of my blue silkies onto my craft mat and mixed a bit of water, I put this onto some paper and then used another blue and layered this on top. Once both these colours had made the paper wet enough I scrunched it up, dried it slightly and then laid it out and rubbed a little of the darker colour over the top.
I cut the frame behind the image out on the Cricut and layered this onto a piece of glossy card that I used the silkies on again but slightly different and although it doesn't really show in the picture it has a slight criss cross effect. The image is mostly done in silkies but I have also used a few promarkers, to finish the whole thing off I cut a flourish and then made a flower. The flower is made with black paper soaked with diluted silkies and screwed up, it has five layers and these are glued together and finished with a pearl.
I hope you like this one.
Wednesday, 21 July 2010
Over on Sweet Pea Stampers this week the challenge is black, white and any other colour. Well I wasn't going to use pink but it somehow just happened, I have used promarkers to colour both the image and the flowers which were punched with a Martha Stewart punch. I have cut the image out this time and popped her onto a black mat then onto a pink mirri mat which doesn't show in the photo, the ribbon is also coloured with one of the promarkers as it was white to start with.
The flowers were stuck on with pinflair glue and then the leaves were pushed in behind them and I used a corner punch just to add a bit of interest to the otherwise plain mats.
Sunday, 18 July 2010
Over on Frankie's blog Dragon's Dream the TIO challenge is shabby chic, well I'm not so sure of the chic bit but this does look a bit shabby so hopefully it will be ok.
I started with cream card which I lightly coloured with a copic marker in waterlily, I then stamped a crackle background with tattered rose distress ink, it doesn't show in the picture but it's there. I used pumice stone distress ink around the edges and to stamp the two theatre masks, the rest of the stamping is done in another distress ink, rusty nail this time. The lace is coloured with the tattered rose ink and then I remembered I had some pink and brown ribbon so added a bit of that, the flower I made from 160gsm paper coloured with yet more distress ink. I have had the flat back pearls for ages so just thought I should use them too and finally there is just a bit of dazzle dust on the petals of the flower.
Over on CD Sunday this week we would like you to use the theme looks like summer as your starting point. As usual you can make anything you like as long there is an element that comes from a cd.
This week I have used the Pamela West cd as there are several images on there that would fit the bill, I love the idea of lying in a hammock with a good book in such beautiful surroundings, I added a border down each side punched with a MS punch and then I stamped out the basket and the dovecot just to add a bit of interest.
Hope you can come over and join us this week, we love coming and looking at your work. Check out the other team members blogs for more inspiration
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (68)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (130)
- ▼ 07/18 - 07/25 (4)
- ► 2009 (59)
- ► 2008 (39)