Saturday, 20 March 2010
I couldn't decide what to do with this image as I had made it a little larger than I had intended to, I used some of the bp from the pad I bought last week but being a bit mean decided to cut the 6" squares into four, this means I will get at least two 8" card or more if I use them on smaller cards. I have coloured the image in with - yes you've guessed it promarkers and I hope I've suceeded in getting a gentle looking picture, I've matted all the pieces onto both yellow and blue card and then added some more of the flowers again coloured with the same promarkers. I still need to add a greeting but not sure who it is for yet so will leave that bit for now.
Off to watch tv for the evening now so will see you all again very soon.
The challenge this week at Bah! Humbug! is vintage, not one of my favourite looks but thought I'd give it a go. The image is from Joanna Sheen's Victorian Christmas, it seemed a little dull once it was printed so I decided to layer it onto red silk mirri to give it a bit of a lift, basically I just added a few flowers which I coloured with promarkers as they were white to start with and embossed a few lines around the edge and I'm done.
At this rate my friends will be getting christmas cards for their birthdays as it feels like it's all I'm making at the moment but it will be worth it at the end of the year when I'm not panicking again.
Over on Rainbow Lady's challenge blog this week it's acetate, which is funny because I have been using acetate quite a bit recently. Not content with one thing Cynthia then adds that maybe a Christmas card would be good because we are now in March and she hasn't asked for one yet, so here goes with my attempt.
Meet Oswalda in christmas shopping mode, this image is part of the blog candy I won quite a while ago and one bit of it was four images from Squigglefly so I chose this one because I just had to smile when I saw it. I have coloured her with promarkers and yes I know she is probably not the right colour but it seemed to suit her, I have used some lovely mirri card to mat and layer and to cut the trellis which is wrapped around the card and the acetate is fastened to this.
- ► 2014 (70)
- ► 2013 (68)
- ► 2012 (97)
- ► 2011 (130)
- ▼ 2010 (128)
- ► 2009 (59)
- ► 2008 (39)