Welcome to my blogland friends

Sunday 13 April 2014

Something Old, Something New at CD Sunday

Hi there, can't believe it's Sunday again I think someone is stealing my days as they are going so fast it's almost a blur!

This week at CD Sunday we want you to go with the theme of something old, something new. Now that could be a wedding card but really what we were thinking was you should use something old and something new.  For my card I've used a new cd from Crafter's Companion called Love & Romance and Special Birthdays resource cd, this cd is filled with images from the papercrafting kit they did of the same name but it's so handy to have it in a printable format as I usually wouldn't use everything that comes in the kits.
This card is a 7x10 but because it's a wedding card I think the larger size works well, I printed the whole set from one of the images and that way there's no guess work to see if the colours match. I used the plainer of the designs as a mat, I'm not sure how I managed it but changed the settings on the printer and got the main backing paper to print out at the right size for the card, that way I didn't lose any of the design around the edge.
Before I stuck the the two sheets together I cut the tattered lace dies from the pink paper and I did forget to turn the paper over so the curves were the same way around but I quite like the look it has so ok in the end.  I used Centura Pearl card as the mats for the topper and sentiment and raised them up with some foam tape.  I tied a knot in the spiders web and glued it onto the card and then I used my old element which is the pins, my friend bought them for me about 18 months ago and I forgot I had them so when I found them again I knew what I would be using some of them for.

I hope you can join us and we'll call on you to say hello and comment on your design.

I am also entering this into the following challenges;

6 comments:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous wedding card, Love the die and the spider webbing ,sets it off perfectly .
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is besautiful Jenny. Such delicate colours and those die cuts are gorgeous. Must be me - but weddings never came to mind at all when I saw the challenge theme.lol
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely wedding card and the lace die cut Thank you for joining us at in the pink
    Helene DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Jenny, like Beryl, weddings never came to mind. I love those dies, they are on my 'must have' list. Love the spider webbing and of course the colours. It is good to be back amongst you all.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jenny, all floral, romantic & springlike!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving a little love!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! Thank you for adding your inspiration to our challenge this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Pooka

Pooka
My favourite picture of Pooka

Blog Archive