Welcome to my blogland friends

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Butterfly tag


Well it shows I'm on holiday from work as I have been busy playing and when I saw that there is a new challenge over at Tag it On I decided to use some of the things on my desk that I was busy with last night. 

The theme this week is a flower and the letter B, so no messing about here I have painted the tag with some watered down Silkies, you wouldn't believe I used three different colours on the background and none of them were blue! The stamped flower is one from some of the newest stamps from Sheena that arrived yesterday and the cut out flowers are from the embossing folder. The small flower in the backgound is stamped with Versamark and then dusted with mica powders, they look gold but the colour I used was mustard green. I painted some cream card with more Silkies and whilst it was still damp brushed some more mica this time it's called Passion. I cut two butterflies out and popped one on top of the other to give it a bit of dimension and finished off with some gems. Just for good measure I added a button just because I liked it.

I'm also adding this into the Butterfly Challenge which I spotted on The Crafty Robin's blog earlier and thought it would fit.

16 comments:

  1. How lucky that you were able to join in so quickly, I love your tag!! Thanks for dreaming with the dragons at TIO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Jenny, love the non-blue background and butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at the Dragons Dream TIO, Happy Holiday, Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful tag! I love the unusual shape of it and the stamped flowers are so pretty - wonderful butterfly with great dimension. Thank you for dreaming with the Dragons! Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and welcome to my Butterfly Challenge. Thank you for fluttering by with this gorgeous tag. Never thought to water down the Silkies and would never have guessed there are 3 colours on the background alone. Love the shape of the tag and off PDQ to see this new Sheena range of stamps and EF's. Blow the diet!!! Love the addition of the mica powders giving the lovely sheen. hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful tag, i just love them, a lot of work has gone into this Jenny and it shows xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous tag, love the double butterfly and the flowers. Thanks for dreaming with us over Dragons Dream Tag It On.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny
    You have been having a wonderful time. Lovely things.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have had a wonderful creative week off work Jenny and I LOVE your tag. Another fabulous piece of artwork.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks wonderful. I can see the pretty shimmer on your elements...looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tag is SO pretty! The frilly edge is a delight. The butterfly and flowers are beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. pretty tag, love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag Jenny, Beautiful background & fabulous butterfly...Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Challenge...Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Jenny, I love the shape of your tag, the background is beautiful and the layered butterfly is gorgeous, the flowers are beautiful, what are silkies, I google it and only got chickens :O), thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh! Thrilled you joined in - love your butterfly in fact it's a fabulous tag! Sorry I'm so late in popping over to see you - but a very belated thank you for joining in with us at Dragons Dream TIO xxx

    ReplyDelete

Pooka

Pooka
My favourite picture of Pooka

Blog Archive